Parks & Recreation
Duluth, a four-season city with 11,000 acres of green space alongside the great Lake Superior, has miles of trails and over 100 parks, providing a suitable back drop for a multitude of recreation activities.
- 129 Parks
- 11,000 acres of green space
- 6,834 acres of City parkland
- 10 miles of horseback trail
- 30 miles paved, and 16 miles gravel accessible trail
- 38 miles (61k) of cross-country ski trail
- 85 miles of bike-optimized singletrack trail
- Over 150 miles of natural surface hiking trail!
- 8 outdoor skating rinks
Parks & Recreation offers a range of programs that can safely operate within all current health and safety guidelines.
Due to the ever-changing recommendations, we will be announcing our program offerings month by month as opposed to our normal seasonal program brochure. You can access this monthly newsletter from our website or by signing up for our Press Releases.
Parks & Recreation Programs
Winter Equipment Rental
Please visit our parks COVID page for all our COVID related announcements.
Parks and Recreation Press Releases: