Bayfront Festival Park and multiple parking lot closures for maintenance September 20-23
[Duluth, MN] The City of Duluth Park Maintenance Division will be completing parking lot repairs and striping at multiple parking lots the week of September 20-23, weather allowing. In the event of inclement weather, the dates for this work will be September 26-30. The parking lot repairs will include crack filling, seal coating, and line striping to maintain pavement quality and delineate parking spots. At Bayfront Festival Park, the existing, paved parking lot will receive repairs and striping and the park will be closed to users for crack filling and seal coating of the walking paths throughout the park. The parks and trailheads impacted include:
- 12th Street Beach Parking Lot, 1220 S. Lake Avenue
- Bayfront Festival Park and Parking Lot, 700 Railroad Street
- Brewer Park/Piedmont Park Trail Parking Lot, 2588 Haines Road
- Chambers Grove Park Parking Lot, 13404 Hwy 23
- Hartley Park Parking Lot, 3001 Woodland Avenue
- Memorial Park Parking Lot, 5315 Grand Avenue
- Waabizheshikana: The Marten Trail/Willard Munger State Trail Parking Lot, 7009 Pulaski Street
The parking lots will be closed to all vehicle and foot traffic for two days to complete the repairs and allow materials to properly cure. Temporary no parking signs will be installed 24 hours in advance of the closures to notify park users. Users are encouraged to consider alternative access locations.
During this time, access to the Hartley Nature Center will be available via the new parking lot on the north side of the building. Trail access to Old Hartley Road from the main parking lot will be closed. Trail users can access Old Hartley Road via the pathways near Hartley Nature Center. Bicycles are not permitted to be ridden on these trails, and should be walked through the detour area.