Campus Connector Trail
Project Status: Fundraising
The Campus Connector trail is a paved, multi-use commuter recreational trail that will run from the Lakewalk to Rice Lake Road. The trail will provide vertical connectivity for residents, nodes of business and education institutes along its path. This will be the first paved, vertical commuter corridor in Duluth. Initial planning started in 2010. Planning efforts will address the current gap in existing bike and pedestrian infrastructure and result in a Mini-Master Plan.
A portion of the Campus Connector Trail along Congdon Parkway was completed in 2014. In 2016, the City installed bike lanes along College Street. In partnership with the Metropolitan Interstate Council, planning efforts resumed in late 2018 and will refine the planning scope as well as develop public and stakeholder engagement opportunities. Duluth City Council approved the Campus Connector Trail Mini-Master Plan on October 28, 2019.
- Campus Connector Trail Mini-Master Plan (FINAL) - (Approved by City Council on October 28, 2019).
- Appendix A - I Campus Connector Trail Plan
- Parks Commission Presentation - August 14, 2019
- Preferred Trail Alignment Maps (Draft) - August 14, 2019
- Public Meeting #1 Presentation - April 23, 2019
- Connecting Duluth: 2010 Comprehensive Bicycle Assessment
- Safe Routes to School Plan: 2017 Marshall School
- Higher Education Small Area Plan 2012
Metropolitan Interstate Council