Location Options for Brighton Memorial Benches
Kitchi Gammi Park (Brighton Beach) has been under construction and memorial benches have been temporarily removed. For more information about the park project, please visit the project webpage: duluthmn.gov/parks/parks-planning/progress-in-the-park/kitchi-gammi-park-brighton-beach/
In order to proceed with selecting the family's preferred location for the bench placement after construction is completed, the City will need to have a up to date donor acknowledgement form on file. We will do our best to accommodate your preferred area of the park. Placement will be done on a first come, first served basis.
The park has been broken into five zones. The pink squares in the images indicate the available locations within those zones. Please contact Allison Brooks at 218-730-4304 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and to indicate your preferred zone for your bench. You may share if there is a particular bench location that you'd prefer, however, we may not be able to accommodate that preference.
The below images are simplified designs for the relation of park amenities once construction is completed. The images are intended to provide a general overview. If you click on the image, it will open in a new window and you can zoom in. Please contact Allison with questions.
- The yellow shape is a nature play area.
- There will be a vault toilet, picnic area, and a path down to the shore.
- 8 bench locations (pink squares).
- There will be two locations with stone steps for access down to the water.
- 0 (no) bench locations available - design is provided for reference only.
- Zone 3 is predominately passive open space with a few picnic tables.
- 6 bench locations (pink squares).
Zone 4 has 6 bench locations available:
- The red shape is the existing fire building at the Park.
- There will be a vault toilet and a picnic area.
- The existing armored stone steps will remain.
- 7 bench locations (pink squares).
- There will be a nature play area, updated swings, and the existing pavilion will remain (yellow shapes).
- 5 bench locations (pink squares).