Project Status: Design/Cultural Review
Lincoln Park Mini Master Plan was completed in February of 2016. The plan called for over $1.6 million dollars of restoration to the park, including addressing safety, programming needs and accessibility. Design for construction is being finalized.
Construction is expected to take place over the 2021 season.
Highlights of the project will include:
- Restoration of the picnic pavilion, including ADA restrooms
- Relocation, expansion and reconfiguration of the playground and picnic area
- Vegetation restoration & landscaping
- Two new parking lots, one on the upper and one on the lower terrace
- Walkway circulation and lighting
- Restoration of the existing pavilion
- New full sized basketball court, separable to two half size basket ball courts on upper terrace
- New nature playscape and picnic pavilion on upper terrace
- Lincoln Park Drive stabilization and repaving
Parks and Recreation, LHB, and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources hosted a virtual public meeting on the updates to the Lincoln Park Phase 1 Plan on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
Lincoln Park Phase 1 Plan Review Public Meeting Recording:
City Staff are completing the cultural review for Lincoln Park in partnership with the State Historic Preservation Office.
$550,000 in 1/2 and 1/2 Tourism Tax funding, $50,000 US Bank Places to Play Grant, $50,000 Super Bowl Legacy funding, $85,000 local match funding from Essentia Health, St. Luke's Hospital, Maurices and Minnesota Power, and $750,000 National Park Service Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership Program grant.