Lincoln Park Mini Master Plan was completed in February of 2016. The plan called for over $1.6 million dollars of restoration to the park, including addressing safety, programming needs and accessibility. Design for construction is being finalized.
Highlights of the project will include:
- Restoration of the picnic pavilion, including ADA restrooms
- Relocation, expansion and reconfiguration of the playground and picnic area
- Vegetation restoration & landscaping
- Two new parking lots, one on the upper and one on the lower terrace
- Walkway circulation and lighting
- Restoration of the existing pavilion
- New full sized basketball court, separable to two half size basket ball courts on upper terrace
- New nature playscape and picnic pavilion on upper terrace
- Lincoln Park Drive stabilization and repaving
Funding for the project includes: $550,000 in 1/2 and 1/2 Tourism Tax funding, $50,000 US Bank Places to Play Grant, $50,000 Super Bowl Legacy funding, $85,000 local match funding from Essentia Health, St. Luke's Hospital, Maurices and Minnesota Power, and $750,000 National Park Service Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership Program grant.