Preventative Health Screenings
Below are some things to consider for Preventative Health Screenings and a brief overview of Colonoscopy and Mammogram services:
Men's Health Preventative Screenings Part 1
Men's Health Preventative Screenings Part 2
Women's Health Preventative Screening Part 1
Women's Health Preventative Screening Part 2
There are several opportunities to engage in physical fitness, whether that’s out our front door, at home or at a gym, it’s all good! Below are some different opportunities to move:
- FITNESS THURSDAYS (Crunch and Lunch) - Back virtually! All levels are welcome. Although we can't be in-person, we can be virtually in-person and you are invited to join me on Thursdays at noon, for a roughly 1hour class using bodyweight, light weights and resistance bands. You are welcome to have your camera on, though it is not required. All you need is enough space to move, and if you don't have weights, there are plenty of household items that can work!
Please email Angel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about the class.
- FITNESS REIMBURSEMENTS AND GYM "DEALS" - A reminder to those of you who are eligible for fitness reimbursements who are in the AFSCME/Basic Union group and CDSA Union group:
Proof of payment AND proof of visits are due to Angel Hohenstein on a quarterly basis, this next due date is April 10 . Please be sure to include your name, department and contact information in case there are questions. Proof can be submitted via email, inter-mail, dropped off, etc. Please contact Angel with any questions at email@example.com . Other union groups have fitness reimbursements as well, if you are unsure, please contact Angel to find out more.
There are a few gyms in the area that have offered City employees a way to join without their join fee or a reduced rate. The following are discounts that apply to you as a City employee (regardless of your bargaining unit):
- The Duluth YMCA will waive their join fee for any City employee during quarterly trial periods. Otherwise, employees will pay $15 enrollment fee. Employees must show their employee id or paystub as verification when registering for a membership.
- Anytime Fitness will waive their enrollment and key fob fee for any City employee, but employee must sign up for 12-months.
- 9Round Fitness is offering 50% OFF a one-time registration (normally $199 will only be $99 for any City employee). This is a special opportunity that will be available for all those new to 9Round.
STRETCHING RESOURCES - City of Duluth Stretching posters (for office, field and sitting in a truck)