Mental health is just as important as physical health, if not more so. Taking care of your mental health through physical activity is one way to support your mental health, and there are many more.
April is Stress Awareness Month and Sand Creek EAP shares some ideas about Coping With Stress. Here are some Breathing Techniques to Help You Relax
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and Sand Creek EAP shares some ideas about Promoting Positive Mental Health.
October 10 is World Mental Health Day! Sand Creek EAP wants to ensure that we are taking care of our Mental Health - read more about ways to support and talk about mental health issues HERE.
Mental Health Resolutions - Sand Creek EAP also wants to remind us to stay positive and mentally healthy all throughout the year. They share some different resolution ideas to help keep us resilient.
There is a lot to learn about Pride & Psychological Safety and Sand Creek EAP shares some nuggets.
- NORTHLAND HEALTHY MINDS - The City of Duluth is a proud partner in the Northland Healthy Minds Coalition. As part of the collaborative, we are working together to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental illness through community outreach and education, so that all those affected by mental illness know how to seek support and resources without the barriers created by stigma. Visit the Northland Healthy Minds events page for a listing of support groups, upcoming education opportunities and more: https://www.northlandhealthyminds.org/
- SAND CREEK EAP - In addition to the pooled resources at Northland Healthy Minds, there are many more resources available through our EAP as well. If you feel you need to speak with a counselor, would like to learn more about resilience, stress management, mindfulness and mediation, etc., visit Sand Creek EAP at http://sandcreekeap.com/
Our employee assistance program also has some new resources FREE to YOU! If you are looking for help with your medical bill, maybe trying to reduce credit debt, want help spring cleaning and re-organizing your house, etc., Sand Creek can help!
These FREE and CONFIDENTIAL services are at your fingertips. Check out the description of services below:
- MEDICA – Our health insurance provider also offers a variety of resources to help find a therapist who meets your needs, find information about behavioral health topics, strengthen resilience, beat the blues and more. Visit Medica.com/findadoctor for more information and to access behavioral health counselors/therapists in our network.
Live and Work Well - If you need extra help and support, Live and Work Well can help. With Live and Work Well, you’ll find health resources and personalized support services to help you and those you care about find the balance, support and care to live the healthiest life possible.
The Live and Work Well site is available 24/7 for confidential access to professional care, self-help programs and a variety of helpful information. You can:
- Get personalized assistance for the big events in your life.
- Browse information and resources, and get referrals, to help balance work and your personal life.
- Find answers to questions about behavioral health and medical concerns to help you deal with stress, depression, anxiety and other conditions.
Visit LiveAndWorkWell.com and enter the access code MEDICA. Call 1-800-848-8327
Sanvello - Created by psychologists, Sanvello is a top-rated self-help app that uses clinically validated techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – a type of psychotherapy that has been shown to be especially effective for individuals experiencing high levels of stress or symptoms of anxiety and depression. Sanvello empowers individuals to engage with activities to improve their mental health from the convenience of their mobile device. This FREE app allows participants (ages 13 & older) to:
- Track mood and health data
- Integrate goal-setting and progress assessments (through weekly check-ins)
- Explore educational guided journeys to build long-term life skills
- Utilize relaxation and coping tools
- And more.... Take a Tour of Sanvello on Vimeo
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) MN is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families. NAMI Minnesota champions justice, dignity, and respect for all people affected by mental illnesses. Through education, support, and advocacy they strive to effect positive changes in the mental health system and increase the public and professional understanding of mental illnesses. They offer classes and events to support families and currently all sessions are held online here: https://namimn.org/education-public-awareness/classes/scheduled/
Alzheimer's - Know the Signs Signs of Alzheimer's may vary a bit, but this flyer gives some general ideas of the different stages and signs and symptoms to look for.