CoronaVirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Information is changing rapidly about COVID-19, but here are some facts, resources and things to consider regarding how the virus could potentially affect you or your loved ones:
WHAT IS IT?
COVID-19, also known as the 2019 Novel Coronavirus or 2019-nCoV, is a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. It’s called ‘Novel’ because it is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified.
- COVID-19 has been detected in Minnesota. We can do all do our part to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- WAYS THAT MAY HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND OTHER VIRUSES:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Check out THIS INFOGRAPHIC from Sand Creek (our EAP) which highlights the "germiest" places we come in contact with.
- Please closely follow the state of Minnesota's guidance on social distancing and handwashing.
- To the greatest extent possible, avoid handshaking – use other, non-contact methods of greeting
- If you are sick, please stay home. If you need medical attention, please seek it out
4. TIMES LIKE THIS CAN BE DIFFICULT TO PROCESS:
- Sand Creek, our Employee Assistance Program, is here to help and they are ensuring the following:
- We continue to provide 24/7/365 clinical in-the-moment counseling support to employees in need and consultation to management on a variety of organizational and client issues related to COVID-19 and all other work/performance-related issues. We are available to all levels of leadership and employees within your organization
- We have modified our intake and assessment procedures to offer additional counseling options to include virtual and telephonic sessions. Current open cases will be offered these options moving forward
Sand Creek is also offering additional webinars, virtual trainings and updates as needed.
Please READ & SHARE THIS PACKET regarding "NORMAL REACTIONS TO ABNORMAL EVENTS."
5. TALK TO YOUR KIDS:
- If you have children, Sand Creek offers THESE TIPS on how to talk with your children about the Corona virus.
6. STAY INFORMED:
- For a full list of recommendations go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- For additional information visit: https://www.stlouiscountymn.gov/departments-a-z/public-health-human-services/public-health/coronavirus-information
Sand Creek EAP offers some tips and information about Coping With Grief After Community Violence. If you and/or someone in your family are finding it difficult to process the devastating and heartbreaking violence that has occurred over the past week, first of all, you are not alone, and secondly, our EAP has people to talk to and talk through the range of emotions you may be feeling. Please do not hesitate to contact Sand Creek at 1-888-243-5744 or online https://allonehealth.com/sand-creek-intake-form/
Unlocking Your Body's Secrets to Living a Healthy Life
Join us on Tuesday, July 14 or Thursday July 16 at noon, as Camille Erickson, Profile by Sanford Health Coach, will be sharing ways to tap into your body's potential to both maximize your energy and nutrients from food. There will be two 30min sessions offered- both will cover the same material, so please choose the date that works for you:
July 14 at noon -(copy and paste in your browser) https://duluthmn.webex.com/duluthmn/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec18b52f621247c78390b6519abdac3ac
July 16 at noon - (copy and paste in your browser) https://duluthmn.webex.com/duluthmn/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec3b08e973d536861fab1a8b8fb3c7ebb
Walk to Harmony Challenge
Looking for a little extra motivation to keep up your summer stride? Look no further! The Walk to Harmony Challenge is a pure step-challenge, designed to encourage some extra steps in a day (or week) to walk to the southernmost city in Minnesota a total of 272 miles in 29 days!
Check out ALL of the details HERE
Recordings of Advance Care Planning are available now. Advance Care Planning is a conversation about what you want to have happen with regard to your healthcare in the event that you are unable to speak for yourself. The Advance Care Directive document allows you to have a plan for such a situation and identify who you want to speak for you and carry out your wishes.
Below are the links to the sessions (they cover the same material, just a different day so you can pick one) with the password:
Omada health has a new app that our employees on the health plan are welcome to download and make use of. It is FREE at least until Sept. 30, 2020 and you do not have to be eligible for Omada Diabetes program or anything like that, simply need to be carrying our health insurance.
What is it? Omada Mind is designed to help provide support for members with stress, anxiety, or depression through the use of a customized plan and a dedicated mental health coach.
How do I register? Download the Omada Mind app from Google Play or Apple App store, create and account and enter the access code HEA07689 to begin. You will have to provide you Health Partners ID but you will not be charged for any services.
You'll have access to clinically validated assessment tools; a dedicated mental health coach; a personalized plan; goal-setting assistance; toolkit of skill-building techniques and 24/7 crisis support.
Alzheimer's - Know the Signs Signs of Alzheimer's may vary a bit, but this flyer gives some general ideas of the different stages and signs and symptoms to look for.
Pre-assessment worksheet for Sand Creek webinar
If you missed the Wells Fargo at Work web event on Protecting Your Identity, check out the recording here:
Password for the recording is: UsPETjK6
If you missed the Happy Hour series, the recordings can be found here:
Happy Hour 1 - Positive Psychology: https://duluthmn.webex.com/duluthmn/lsr.php?RCID=2a11ec8f82dc800b93a3dbf6b7b4c70f
Happy Hour 2 - Resilience: https://duluthmn.webex.com/duluthmn/lsr.php?RCID=474696c76442a5cd6fce62e4f3ec74eb
Happy Hour 3/4- Strategies to Boost Mental Health: https://duluthmn.webex.com/duluthmn/lsr.php?RCID=9502d2e55428b3a1f7b5de782bc41866