DROP IT WHILE IT'S HOT! WEIGHT-LOSS CHALLENGE - Are you looking to get back into a routine this fall, maybe a few pounds lighter? This challenge is for you!
We're hosting a 6-week challenge that is based on the percentage of total body weight lost (the person who loses the largest percentage wins the Grand Prize!)and we're adding an extra motivator. You can view the flyer details HERE. Below are some key things to know about the challenge:
- Additional points will be awarded to those who participate in ONE additional 30-minute session of physical activity each week with other challenge participants. That means adding in some sort of physical activity to your normal routine. For example, if you already walk a couple of days a week, you could add in an additional walk with co-workers/challenge participants, to the week. OR if you decide you would like to boost your strength a little, you could add in 30-minutes of body weight exercises (in addition to your other physical activity) such as squats, push-ups, plank, etc.
- During the challenge, you will be sent safe weight-loss tips and ideas, and if you are interested, can certainly use your wellness coordinator to talk through a plan specific to your goals.
- In order to be eligible for weekly prizes, participants must enter their weight into Daily Endorphin each week.
- Initial and final weigh-ins can be conducted by Angel, sent to Angel via email or text, OR, completely on your honor.
- This challenge is set up in Daily Endorphin. If you do not have an account or have not used Daily Endorphin before, here are the Frequently Asked Questions with your answers of how to sign-up & use the account.
AUGUST LUNCH AND LEARN - Back to School: Changing Habits and Routine
Summertime has a way of loosening the “rules” around food and activity. We relax the structure of our days in favor of spending more time enjoying the daylight and warmth. With fall rolling around, it feels like a good time to get back on track and either pick up healthy habits and routine, or make them healthier.
Join us, as Kaitlin Box, health coach at Profile by Sanford, shares some tips and advice on getting back into the swing of a healthy lifestyle. Kaitlin will share suggestions on how to incorporate children into those healthy choices and how to do so with ease, and provide some quick and easy meal prep ideas.
Pick from one of the following dates and locations:
Monday, Aug 26th, 12-1pm at the Public Library in the Green Room
Wednesday, Aug 28th, 12-1pm at the Airport
Friday, Aug 30th, 12-1pm at Public Works & Utilities Comfort Systems
WHO: All employees are welcome
WHAT: Free lunch and learn (BYOL – bring your own lunch)
Please RSVP your preferred location/date with Wellness Coordinator, Angel Hohenstein, at 218-730-5201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU to everyone who came out to play in the Annual Golf Outing! It was a great afternoon and it's always fun to see people outside the work setting! Congratulations goes to the Fire Department this year for the win!
2019 Golf Champs!
BARE FITNESS CHALLENGE - This 10-week challenge is designed to test your athletic ability. If you join the challenge, there will be online coaching available to you throughout the course of the challenge. The goal is to help individuals become more physically fit, offering workout plans and advice throughout the 10-weeks. Contact Justin Eckstrom at 218-340-6067 or email email@example.com to learn more or to register. A flyer for the challenge is HERE.