A.) OMADA - If you are not familiar with Omada®, it's an innovative online health program that surrounds you with everything you need to lose weight and reduce your risk for certain chronic diseases.
Omada guides you step-by-step to better health. You’ll get:
- A full-time health coach to keep you on track—on your best days and your worst.
- Smart technology to track your progress, and reveal what is (and isn't) working for you.
- Each week, you’ll learn healthy tips for better eating, fitness, sleep, and stress management
- The support of a small group of peers just like you for encouragement at every step.
You will need to take the one-minute risk screener at omadahealth.com/duluthjpe to see if you’re eligible for Omada. You also MUST be an active employee carrying City health insurance. The program is now available to 18+ in household who might be at risk for Type 2 Diabetes, who are also on your Medica health insurance.
Here's just one example of the many recipes that they provide along with all of the other education and support you'll find: Heart Healthy Chili
B.) DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM
DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM - if you are at risk for Type 2 Diabetes or Cardiovascular Disease, this FREE program is for you! Next Classes to be announced. Classes will be held every Tuesday for the first 16-weeks then move to bi-monthly meetings. The course is FREE, and is designed to help you establish healthy habits that will stay with you for life. Topics range from healthy eating, stress management, physical activity, sleep, and more. Angel is the Lifestyle Coach for this program. Contact her at email@example.com or 218-730-5201.
What Is the Diabetes Prevention Program? It is a lifestyle change intervention program where groups meet once a week for 16 weeks, then once or twice a month for 6 months to maintain healthy lifestyle changes. During each session, a lifestyle coach will teach a lesson and lead a group discussion.
For example, you will learn to:
- Eat healthy
- Add physical activity to your life
- Manage stress
- Stay on track when eating out
Am I at Risk for Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes?
You are at increased risk for developing prediabetes and type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older;
- Are overweight;
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes;
- Are physically active fewer than three times per week; or
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant which disappeared after the delivery (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds.
If you think you may be at risk, a health care provider can do a blood test to see if you have diabetes or prediabetes. You may also take this quick test to determine if you are at risk.
If I am prediabetic, how do I enroll?
Contact Wellness Coordinator, Angel Hohenstein at 218-730-5201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or ask more questions.
When and Where will the class take place?
Next Class dates to be announced
For more information regarding course curriculum please visit www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention
C.) PROFILE by Sanford
Profile by Sanford is a unique blend of personalized plans and one-on-one weekly coaching. The local office/store is located at 4602 Grand Ave. Suite 94C in Duluth and you can sign up for a free coaching appointment before committing to their program. The Corporate rate for City employees is $100 off their annual $399 membership. Contact 218-520-0195 or email email@example.com for more information.