The City of Duluth has received a one-time allocation of $1.9 million through the American Rescue Plan (ARP). The money is administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) HOME Investment Partnerships Program and must be used to support community members, including veterans and their families, who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- they are experiencing homelessness
- they are at risk of experiencing homelessness
- they are fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking
- they are at greatest risk for housing instability and need supportive services to prevent homelessness
HOME-ARP Allocation Plan Public Input
The City of Duluth Planning and Development Division announces a 15-day comment period on its HOME-ARP Allocation Plan. Information about how to provide comments is listed below. The HOME-ARP Allocation Plan describes how Duluth plans to use a one-time allocation of $1,986,658 through the American Rescue Plan (ARP). The City has conducted a Community Needs Assessment and consulted with service providers who work with these populations to inform the Allocation Plan and the Community Development Committee's funding goals for eligible activities. After the Allocation Plan is approved, the Community Development Committee will hold a competitive application process to award HOME-ARP funds to eligible projects in the community. Application details will be shared on this page when they are available. Please review the documents below for more information.
Submit Written Public Comment
- When: August 1 - August 16, 2022
- By Email or Mail: Please include “HOME-ARP Allocation Plan” in the subject line, and include your name and address and the agenda item you are speaking to. Please note that all public comment is considered Public Data. Attention: Steven Robertson, Planning & Development Division, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 411 W. First Street, Room 160, Duluth, MN 55802
Speak at the Community Development Committee Public Hearing
- When: August 16, 2022 at 5:30pm
- Where: Room 330 in Duluth City Hall located at 411 W. First Street Duluth, MN 55802
If you have special needs, such as an interpreter, please contact the Planning and Development Division at 218.730.5580 so that your needs can be accommodated. For hearing impaired persons please call the City’s TTY/Information Assistance at 218.730.5000 or the Minnesota Relay Service at 1.800.627.3529.