About Business Development
Promoting economic vitality, job retention and growth, industrial development and redevelopment of existing properties through public-private partnerships.
Duluth, the place to grow and prosper
The City of Duluth's Business and Economic Development Department combines the resources of two inter-related citizen, community and business support divisions in one department. We provide community information and referral services, technical and financial resources, and one on one guidance to help support prosperity and growth in Duluth.
- Business Development is funded by the City of Duluth to provide economic development services to business and citizens.
- Key activities include providing technical assistance to businesses and entrepreneurs, facilitating public land purchases and sales, supporting infrastructure development, and site redevelopment.
- We also provide staff support for DEDA, the Duluth Economic Development Authority. DEDA activities are overseen by a group of seven volunteer Commissioners appointed by the Mayor, including three City Council members and four citizen members.
- Focus on helping existing businesses grow and new businesses get started.
- Act as a conduit to aid in the purchase of publicly-owned land in the City of Duluth.
- Help entrepreneurs connect with resources in our community from utilities to financing.
- Work with partners at the County, State and Federal levels to address infrastructure needs.
- Eliminate contamination and blight in our City by connecting good projects with necessary clean-up and redevelopment resources.
- Connect businesses with prime real estate in Duluth. Learn more about current opportunities or Request for Proposals.