Construction Services & Inspections
Backflow Preventer Test Reporting
The following devices are Regulated Backflow Preventers:
- Pressure Vacuum Breaker (PVB) Backflow Prevention Assembly (ASSE 1020)
- Spill Resistant Pressure Vacuum Breaker (SRVB) Assembly (ASSE 1056)
- Reduced Pressure Principal (RP) Backflow Prevention Assembly and Reduced Pressure Principal Fire Protection (RP) Backflow Prevention Assembly (ASSE 1013)
- Reduced Pressure Detector Fire Protection (RP) Backflow Prevention Assembly (ASSE 1047)
- Double Check (DC) Valve Backflow Prevention Assembly and Double Check (DC) Fire Protection Backflow Prevention Assembly (ASSE 1015)
- Double Check (DC) Detector Fire Protection Backflow Prevention Assembly (ASSE 1048)
In order to install or remove a device listed above, a State of Minnesota licensed plumbing contractor must obtain a plumbing permit. These devices require testing by a State-Certified backflow preventer tester at the time of installation and annually thereafter in accordance with Minnesota Statute 326B.437 and Chapter 6 of the MN Plumbing Code. A backflow preventer test permit must also be submitted to the City of Duluth to record the initial testing and annual testing of these devices along with an initial and annual program administration fee by December 31 of each calendar year.
Obtain the updated Backflow Preventer Test Report form here.
The 2020 MN Plumbing Code can be viewed online here.