Parks & Recreation

Old Main Park

Image

Park Features


  • Picnic Tables

Park Description

The main building of the Duluth Normal School—predecessor to the University of Minnesota Duluth—stood on this site from 1902 until 1993, when it was destroyed by fire. Known affectionately as “Old Main,” three of the ruined building’s exterior walls were left standing in memoriam to the building, and it was donated to the city in 1994.


Location

2305 East 5th Street

Park Gallery