Summer Day Camps
Age Group: completed Kindergarten through age 12
Program Description: NEW Parks & REC summer program for youth focusing on positive relationship building, exploring the city’s parks and trails, and encouraging creativity. These programs will offer outdoor activities, art projects, team games, nature play, learning opportunities, field trips, and more! Participants will be expected to be respectful, safe, and kind while at this program, and participation in all activities is encouraged! Those who feel uncomfortable with an activity may choose not to participate, but they will stay with the group.
Time: Program time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm; drop off/pick up care available 7:30 – 8:30 am, 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Price: $150/week for 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Additional $15/week for pre-program care, $15/week for post-program care
Location: Morgan Park Community Center, Piedmont Park Community Center
Registration & Schedule
Parks & Recreation Programs
- Community Fishing Nights
- Compass Navigation & Orienteering Class
- GPS Navigation & Geocaching Class
- Park to Park Guided Hike Series: Superior Hiking Trail
- Parks Trivia Nights
Click below for more information on these programs and to register online!
Register for Parks & Recreation Programs Here!
Group programming with Duluth Parks & Recreation focuses on recreation and learning with hands-on experiences for your group. When scheduling a program with Duluth Parks & Recreation we will work with you to create a program tailored to fit the needs of your age group and learning needs.
This is available as a mobile recreation program—we can bring programming to you at a Duluth location of your choosing (your school or a local park!) Parks and Recreation staff will bring the equipment and supplies to facilitate a lesson or activity for your group.
How to schedule your group program for your school or another park location:
- Call or email Megan Lidd, Recreation Specialist, to inquire about times for your group
- 218-730-4335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choose from the menu of options for your group (Call or email for details)
- Parks & Recreation staff will work with you to design a program that best serves your group
- Price: Varied based on activity plan, call or email to inquire about group pricing
Mobile Recreation Programs Available:
|Outdoor Education Lessons
- Environmental Topics
- Forest Ecology
- GPS / Geocaching
- Large Group Games
- Nature Art and Other Crafts
- Orienteering/Map & Compass
- Survival Skills
- Team Building
- Water Ecology
- Wildlife Studies
- Animal Tracking
- Disc golf
- Large group games
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Lawn Games: Croquet, Bocce Ball, Cornhole, Kubb
Skating at Essentia Health Duluth Heritage Sports Center
120 South 30th Avenue West
Skate indoors at Essentia Health Duluth Heritage Sports Center
Bring your own skates, limited skates available to use
- Preschool skate: Tuesdays 9:15 - 10:30 AM | $2 per person
- Open Skate: Sundays 3:00 - 4:30 PM | $2 per person
- Beginning June 2019*
- *No Open Skate: June 9, July 21, and August 18
- FREE Open Skate: Wednesdays 1:30 - 3:30 PM
- June 19 - August 21, 2019
Bayfront Family Center
350 Harbor Drive
Recreational Equipment is available along with sheltered seating and extra bathrooms.
Frisbee golf, kites, volleyball, kick balls, croquet and more!
- When: Open May 29 through September 12, 2019, Monday - Wednesday, 3 - 7pm
Ice skates, sleds, snowshoes and snow sculpting tools
- When: TBD 2019-2020 season
Champions Building Champions
Activities are facilitated by collegiate athletes who focus on building constructive relationships with the youth, while teaching the basics of sports and athletic games.
- When: 1-3pm Wednesdays June 19th - August 21st
- Where: Wheeler Athletic Complex - 3501 Grand Ave, Duluth, MN 55807