Parks & Recreation Programs
See brochure for details on each of these programs.
Adult and Child
- Story & Play at Bayfront
- Stay & Play at the Duluth Public Library
- Play Gym
- Youth Open Gym
- Introduction to Archery
- Archery - Games & Challenges
- Bonfire Trivia
- Fireside Crafts
- Full Moon Snowshoe Hike
- Snowshoe Hikes
- Intro to Winter Fat Tire Biking
- Nature Knowledge
- Winter Outdoor Skills
- Women Hike Duluth
- Homeschool Archery
- School's Out: Frozen Fun
- School's Out: Teen Adventures
Click below for more information on these programs and to register online!
Register for Parks & Recreation Programs Here!
Bayfront Family Center
350 Harbor Drive
Join us down at Bayfront Family Center to enjoy skating in the heart of Duluth! The warming house will be open every day, weather permitting, and skates are available for use. Concessions available for purchase.
Open daily starting January 2 – until the ice melts; weather cancellations will be posted on our website: duluthmn.gov/parks/weather-cancellations
Hours: M–F 3–7 p.m. | Sa noon–7 p.m. | Su noon–4 p.m.
Special Activity Nights
Tuesdays: 4:30–6 p.m.
Jan. 7.........Hand-Stitched Journal Craft
Jan. 14.......Craft-stick Snowman Craft
Jan. 21.......Beaded Snowflakes Craft
Jan. 28.......Snowshoe Night
Feb. 4.........Egg Carton Penguins
Feb. 11.......Pop-Up Valentine’s Day Cards
Feb. 18.......Outdoor Obstacle Course
Feb. 25.......Potato Prints
Fridays: Enjoy a bonfire near the rink and s’mores available from our concession stand!
*Bayfront Family Center's Warming House will be open every day once our rink is flooded, starting in January! Any weather closures will be posted to our website on our weather cancellations tab: https://duluthmn.gov/parks/weather-cancellations/
Pop-Up Play: Frisbee golf, kites, volleyball, kick balls, yard games and more!
- When: Summer 2020 Dates and Time: TBD
Group programming with Duluth Parks & Recreation focuses on recreation and learning with hands-on experiences for your group. When scheduling a program with Duluth Parks & Recreation we will work with you to create a program tailored to fit the needs of your age group and learning needs.
This is available as a mobile recreation program—we can bring programming to you at a Duluth location of your choosing (your school or a local park!) Parks and Recreation staff will bring the equipment and supplies to facilitate a lesson or activity for your group.
How to schedule your group program for your school or another park location:
- Call or email our office to inquire about times for your group
- Choose from the menu of options for your group (Call or email for details)
- Parks & Recreation staff will work with you to design a program that best serves your group
- Price: Varied based on activity plan, call or email to inquire about group pricing
Mobile Recreation Programs Available:
|Outdoor Education Lessons
- Environmental Topics
- Forest Ecology
- GPS / Geocaching
- Large Group Games
- Nature Art and Other Crafts
- Orienteering/Map & Compass
- Survival Skills
- Team Building
- Water Ecology
- Wildlife Studies
- Animal Tracking
- Disc golf
- Large group games
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Lawn Games: Croquet, Bocce Ball, Cornhole, Kubb, Giant Jenga, Giant Connect 4, Ladder Golf
Skating at Essentia Health Duluth Heritage Sports Center
120 South 30th Avenue West
Skate indoors at Essentia Health Duluth Heritage Sports Center
Bring your own skates, limited skates available to use
- Preschool skate: Tuesdays 9:15 - 10:30 a.m. | $2 per person
- Open Skate: Sundays 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. | $2 per person
- Fall season begins October 6
- FREE Open Skate: Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Fall season begins September 18
- Skating Events
- Valentine's Skate - Feb. 12
- Spring into Skating - April 22
*No skating Dec. 25, Jan. 1, Jan. 19 and April 12
Schedule goes through May 20