Energy Plan Commission
The purpose of the commission is to advise the administration and city council on ways to achieve the goal of reducing the city’s greenhouse gas emissions by 80 percent by 2050.
The commission shall have the following powers and duties:
1. Develop and recommend policies consistent with the city’s greenhouse gas reduction goals;
2. Review and evaluate city’s energy plan and assess whether benchmarks are met;
3. Promote the city’s use of clean, renewable energy resources;
4. Promote community best practices and strategies for reducing greenhouse gases; and
5. Submit a written report by January 31st of each year to the council and mayor on the city’s annual progress in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, efforts to promote the use of clean, renewable energy resources and efforts to identify community best practices and strategies for reducing greenhouse gases
The commission shall meet at least four times a year.
Energy Plan Commission #19-008-0