Youth and Young Adults
DWD’s Youth Employment Services (YES) Duluth program provides employment and education support to eligible youth and young adults that live in Duluth and are ages 14 to 24 at time of enrollment.
YES Duluth counselors connect young people with these services and more:
Education and Training
- Support and incentives to connect with and complete High School Diploma and GED programs
- Post-secondary training exploration, support and tuition assistance
- Financial literacy education
- Leadership development
- Career pathway and labor market exploration
- One-on-one career exploration assessments and guidance
- Paid Work Experience opportunities
- Job shadowing
- Resume writing and interview preparation
- Supportive mentoring
- Referrals to community resources
- Assistance with transportation and work related expenses
YES Duluth Application
Complete an online application here. Paper applications can be found and submitted at the CareerForce Duluth office at 402 West 1st Street.
For more information on YES Duluth including eligibility and enrollment information, visit CareerForce at 402 West 1st Street in Duluth or call 218-302-8400. For those living outside of the Duluth city limits that are interested in similar services, please contact the Northeast Minnesota Office of Job Training (JET) for more information. JET staff can be reached at the CareerForce Duluth location and you can access JET's website here.