Duluth Workforce Development
Youth and Young Adults
DWD’s Youth Employment Services (YES) Duluth program provides employment and education support to eligible youth and young adults that reside in Duluth and are ages 16 to 24 at time of enrollment.
YES Duluth counselors connect young people with these services and more:
Education and Training
- Support and incentives to connect with and complete High School Diploma and GED programs
- Post-secondary training exploration, support and tuition assistance
- Financial literacy education
- Leadership development
- Career pathway and labor market exploration
- One-on-one career exploration assessments and guidance
- Paid Work Experience opportunities
- Job shadowing
- Resume writing and interview preparation
- Supportive mentoring
- Referrals to community resources
- Assistance with transportation and work related expenses
Many career fields are a natural fit for a veteran's skills, experience and disposition, including healthcare. For a guide on making the move from military to a civilian healthcare career view this online guide for student veterans.
YES Duluth Application
Download a YES Duluth application here. Applications can be filled, printed and submitted at CareerForce Duluth.
For more information on YES Duluth including eligibility and enrollment information, visit CareerForce at 402 West 1st Street in Duluth or call 218-302-8400. For those living outside of the Duluth city limits that are interested in similar services, feel free to access the Northeast Minnesota Office of Job Training (NEMOJT) web page for more information. You can access the page here.