Apply for a Love Your Block Grant
- The first round of applications are due June 3 by 4 p.m.
- The second round of applications are due July 1 by 4 p.m.
- The third round of applications are due August 1 by 4 p.m.
The PDF application form can be edited and saved.
Download Application Here
Email completed forms to: email@example.com or deliver to the Life Safety Office, 615 W First Street, Duluth, MN, 55802
Paper copies of the application form are available at: Life Safety Office (615 W First Street), Community Action Duluth (2424 W 5th St #102), Ecolibrium3 (2014 W 3rd St), and Damiano Center (206 W 4th St).
Grant Eligibility and Guidelines
Love Your Block believes in the creativity and collaboration of Duluth residents. These funds support a range of activities as long as they are 1) volunteer led and 2) bring neighbors together to reduce blight.
What is blight? A blighted space is something that has not been cared for and is no longer benefiting the community. This can look like a dumping ground for litter or waste, a building that is in poor condition, a vacant and/or overgrown lot, or a public space that is in disrepair.
Love Your Block projects that address blight could look like, but are not limited to, neighborhood clean ups (e.g. trash pick-up, trimming overgrown plants), installing public art, gathering to meet neighbors and brainstorm projects, creating solutions to reduce abandoned waste (e.g. couches in vacant lots and greenspaces), or repurposing vacant lots as active community spaces. Approximately 8-10 mini-grants will be awarded in 2022.
- The project leader and grant applicant must be a resident or property owner in Lincoln Park or Central Hillside (including the Downtown Business District from 2nd Street to I-35)
- Proposed project must be located within Lincoln Park or Central Hillside (including the Central Business District from 2nd Street to I-35)
- Up to $1,500 in mini-grant funds may be requested to support the project
- Funds will be provided via check to the approved project leader after completing a W-9 form with the City of Duluth. Alternatively, the Love Your Block team can purchase needed supplies or services directly prior to the start of the project.
- Project partners or donors such as businesses, non-profit organizations or agencies are encouraged
- Applications require a project leadehe mandatory training/orientation
- Project leaders must recruit at least two neighbor volunteers to assist with the project.
- All funded projects will also receive volunteer recruitment and logistics support from the Love Your Block team. All project sites will receive a Love Your Block clean-up kit for a day of litter pick-up, water, snacks, and bus passes as needed.
- Project leaders must submit before/during/after photos, participant numbers, and short summary of highlights and lessons learned from the project.
Learn More and Get Support
Love Your Block staff are also available to support residents via phone, email, or virtual meeting. The Love Your Block team is also hosting several in person project brainstorming and grant application workshops for residents in May. Children welcome. Snacks provided.
May 14 - 9-10:00 a.m. - Virtual Information Session - Click here to join
To use WebEx on a mobile device - you may need to download the free WebEx app. You can also join via web browser on a computer.
May 16 - 4:30-5:30 p.m. - Information Session/Open House - Community Action Duluth - Conference Room (2424 W 5th St. #102)
May 17- 4:30-5:30 p.m. - Information Session/Open House - Damiano Center - Conference Room (206 W 4th St)
Maps of Lincoln Park and Central Hillside