Parks & Recreation

Reservations and Permits

Get a Wedding Permit
Private Events
Special Events
Get a Building Rental Permit
Wade Stadium

Enjoy the great outdoors of our beautiful city and host your special occasion in one of our many parks! All events to include 40 or more people require a permit, however, a permit is recommended to ensure availability regardless of size. Without a permit, pavilions and other favored areas are first-come, first-serve. Indoor recreation center buildings are also available by securing a building rental permit.


 Wedding Permit:

Events that require a wedding permit:

  • wedding ceremony
  • wedding rehearsal
  • wedding ceremony and picnic reception combined (not to include alcohol, live music, or dancing).

Contact Katie or call 218.730.4330.

Download Wedding Event Guide




 Building Rental Permit:

Duluth Parks and Recreation manages four different buildings that are available for rent for meetings, parties, or other events. 

  • Duluth Heights Community Center
  • City Center West / Evergreen Center
  • Morgan Park Community Recreation Center
  • Portman Community Recreation Center

Download Building Rental Permit Guide.

Contact Kraig or call 218.730.4305




Other Helpful Documents:

Private Event Permit:

Private events are "by invitation only". Examples include, but are not limited to: 

  • Birthday parties
  • Graduation celebrations
  • Company or church picnics

Download Private Event Guide.

Contact Kraig or call 218-730-4305. 




Special Event Permit:

Special events are those open to the public, often requiring an admission or registration fee. Examples include, but are not limited to:

  • Walk, run, ski or cycling events
  • Festivals or fairs
  • Concerts

The proper permit is required for a special event to be held in a City of Duluth Park.

Download Special Event Guide

Contact Kraig or call 218.730.4305




Athletic Fields and Courts Permit:

The City of Duluth offers athletic field and court rentals, including the Wheeler Athletic Complex, Wade Softball Fields, Washington Center Gym and other neighborhood fields.

    • Printable versions of the athletic field rental permit can be found here

    • Printable versions of the Washington Center gym/conference room rental permit can be found here

      • View Washington Center calendar here




Wade Stadium Rental:

To rent wade stadium please complete the steps below:

  1. Check Calendar for availability
  2. Review the Usage Guidelines
  3. Review the Cancellation Policy
  4. Review Rental Fee Schedule
  5. Printable version of the Wade Stadium rental permit can be found here 



Alcohol Consumption Permit: 

All the City of Duluth Facility Rentals must have an Alcohol Consumption Permit before alcohol can be consumed. 

Applications must be completed at least 30 days in advance of event. 

Contact Kraig or call 218.730.4305




City of Duluth, 411 West First Street, Duluth, Minnesota 55802
©2017 City of Duluth, Minnesota. All Rights Reserved | Disclaimers | Contact the City | Sitemap
Follow the City of Duluth City Facebook Page City's Twitter Feed City Youtube Channel