Catalytic Converters are being stolen due to their high-value precious metals. STATISTICS. To help deteriorate thieves from stealing converters, the Duluth Police Department, 4th Street Auto, Thompson's T-Express, and Allstar Service Center, are partnering together to ID your catalytic converter.
“The goal is that once a thief notices that your catalytic converter is marked, they won’t steal it,” said Morgan Cekalla, Auto Theft Investigator. “If the thief does steal it, this identification label is traceable to the VIN of your vehicle, which helps officers trace the converter if stolen."
The Duluth Police Department’s Catalytic Converter Initiative is a grant-funded program. The initiative hopes to be a continuous program to help prevent catalytic converter thefts within the City of Duluth. This website is the best way to stay updated on the initiative.
To read the full press release, click here.
PARTICIPATING AUTO REPAIR SHOPS:
- Kenwood Muffler and Brake
- Address: 1508 Kenwood Ave, Duluth, MN 55811
- Phone Number: (218)-728-0022
- 4th Street Auto
- Address: 1118 E 4th St, Duluth, MN 55805
- Phone Number: (218)-724-8090
- Thompson's T-Express
- Address: 210 S 27th Ave W, Duluth, MN 55806
- Phone Number: (218)-722-0005
- Allstar Service Center
- Address: 329 E Central Entrance, Duluth, MN 55811
- Phone Number: (218)-279-5200