- Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Location: 411 W 1st St, Duluth MN, 55802, Room 330.
- Time: 4:30-5:30 PM
Application Process & Information
The City and the Duluth Economic Development Authority (DEDA) have identified several vacant, developable lots throughout the city that will be available for the development of affordable housing. The purpose of this program is to build a collective knowledge of creative/innovative design and construction methodologies for infill housing in Duluth and identify how to simplify the development of affordable housing. If you can display an achievable idea that aligns with the goals of this program and you are selected for inclusion in the program, the lot will be available for free.
Submit applications and attachments electronically via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail directly to Ben VanTassel at 411 West First Street, Room 160, Duluth, MN 55802.
Additional Information on the Rebuild Duluth Program:
Priority consideration will be awarded to applicants who pursue development of narrow lots. Additionally, attention to detail and production of descriptive concepts that achieve the goals identified in this program will be considered more favorably.
- November 15th—Program Announcement & Applications go live
- December 2nd—Info Session
- January 2nd—Application Due Date
- Mid-February — Notification of selected Applicants
- March—April—Development meetings with selected applicants
- April—June—Final Approval & Transfer of the land
** DEDA will require that a home be constructed, inspected and issued a certificate of completion by December 31st, 2021. Failure to do so will result in the land, including its improvements to revert back to DEDA. **