Project Status: Post Construction
The Irving Park Mini-Master Plan was approved in October 2015. Goals determined during the planning process included:
- Restore the park from 2012 flood damage
- Revitalize the park to become a community focal point again
- Increase neighborhood green space
- Reduce undesired/after-hours use of park
- Encourage healthy living of all ages
- Identify other areas for site improvements & connectivity
Phase I improvements included removal of aged park infrastructure and installation of a new accessible walkway through the park, new stairs to the existing parking lot, installation of a new playground, relocation of the basketball court, site lighting and a gathering plaza space adjacent to the existing garage/concession building.
Final striping of the newly located and resurfaced basketball court will be completed in spring of 2019. Park Maintenance will plant a pollinator garden in the location of the old playground and install a porta potty slab with screen. Work is anticipated to be complete in summer 2019.
Irving Park Community Club