Central Hillside Park is located at East 3rd Street just above Duluth's historic 1892 Central High School. The park was established as part of the Duluth Model Cities Administration's efforts in the early 1970s. The park sits on a roughly 2.72 acre lot with existing basketball courts, grills and picnic tables, playground equipment and a Community Center. A site Mini-Master Plan was completed for the park in 2014; however, due to changes in facility needs/usage and the desire for additional community engagement, reopening of the 2014 plan is recommended. Over the years, this neighborhood park has been utilized as a recreation center and office space for City staff, in addition to housing a food shelf, workforce center and teen center. Currently, the Community Center is leased to a local housing non-profit. A portion of the building is still maintained as public meeting space and utilized by multiple community groups.