In an effort to Keep Duluth Clean, this initiative strives to promote community motivated clean-up events and work to minimize illegal dumping, littering, and mishandling of Duluth's ecosystem services
NEW! Keep Duluth Clean Committee
KDC is looking to recruit a committee of volunteers to work together to develop a strategic plan that fosters the growth of the initiative, increased awareness and education, and above all, Keeping Duluth Clean. If you are interested in becoming a committee member, please review the position descriptions and submit an application no later than Friday, 11/20/2020 @4:00 PM.
Committee Position Descriptions
- Establish & maintain social media platform
- Work with local media to cover KDC events and volunteer recruitment
- Create recruitment materials for disbursement
- Determine best practices for event communications
- Maintain contact list for community partners and incentive awardees
- Take photos and establish an effective method for collection of media from volunteers
- Create videos and other forms of media that highlights KOC events/event planning
- Attend bi-weekly or monthly committee meetings.
- Develop a short and long range fundraising plan for the program.
- Create & maintain a list of potential funding sources( ie. grants, in-kind, donations, )
- Research similar programs and identify potential fundraising strategies.
- Identify & secure volunteer incentives (ie. gift cards/donations)
- Create & maintain KDC annual budget and prepare bi-weekly updates.
- Attend bi-weekly or monthly committee meetings
Community Outreach Coordinator
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, and other public appearances.
- Prepare an annual budget for outreach activities
- Nurture new & old relationships with collaborative partners
- Establish volunteer recruitment framework/plan.
- Identify 'x amount' neighborhood champions and develop recruitment strategies.
- Maintain a calendar for coordination of Neighborhood Champions - monthly
Attend bi-weekly or monthly committee meetings.
- Maintain a calendar of at least 10 clean-up events
- Plan and execute event day logistics
- Conduct a survey of a sample of past volunteers
- Research similar programs or events
- Design an event calendar and planning framework to be used and/or adjusted in the future
- Act as point person for each KDC clean-up event and attend bi-weekly or monthly committee meetings
Keep Duluth Clean Sponsors