CoronaVirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Information is changing rapidly about COVID-19, but here are some facts, resources and things to consider regarding how the virus could potentially affect you or your loved ones:
WHAT IS IT?
COVID-19, also known as the 2019 Novel Coronavirus or 2019-nCoV, is a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. It’s called ‘Novel’ because it is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified.
- The State of MN just released a COVID tracing app: https://covidawaremn.com/ We can help slow the spread of the virus by knowing if the people we have been in contact with have become/were infected with COVID-19.
- WAYS THAT MAY HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND OTHER VIRUSES:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Check out THIS INFOGRAPHIC from Sand Creek (our EAP) which highlights the "germiest" places we come in contact with.
- Please closely follow the state of Minnesota's guidance on social distancing and handwashing.
- To the greatest extent possible, avoid handshaking – use other, non-contact methods of greeting
- If you are sick, please stay home. If you need medical attention, please seek it out
4. TIMES LIKE THIS CAN BE DIFFICULT TO PROCESS:
- Sand Creek, our Employee Assistance Program, is here to help and they are ensuring the following:
- We continue to provide 24/7/365 clinical in-the-moment counseling support to employees in need and consultation to management on a variety of organizational and client issues related to COVID-19 and all other work/performance-related issues. We are available to all levels of leadership and employees within your organization
- We have modified our intake and assessment procedures to offer additional counseling options to include virtual and telephonic sessions. Current open cases will be offered these options moving forward
Sand Creek is also offering additional webinars, virtual trainings and updates as needed.
Please READ & SHARE THIS PACKET regarding "NORMAL REACTIONS TO ABNORMAL EVENTS."
5. TALK TO YOUR KIDS:
- If you have children, Sand Creek offers THESE TIPS on how to talk with your children about the Corona virus.
6. STAY INFORMED:
- For a full list of recommendations go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- For additional information visit: https://www.stlouiscountymn.gov/departments-a-z/public-health-human-services/public-health/coronavirus-information
7. MAINTAINING WORK-LIFE BALANCE DURING COVID - The MN Dept of Health shared some ways to find balance in life while many are working from home and/or have children distance-learning from home. Check out the TWENTY TIPS FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE.