Duluth, a four-season city with 11,000 acres of green space alongside the greatest lake in the world, has miles and miles of trails that allow for travel on foot, skis, bike or snowmobile.Read more...
Check out the City Calendar of Events for information on activities, meetings and more.Event Listing...
• Population: 86,211
• Land area in square miles: 67.79
• Persons per square mile: 1,272
• Sister Cities: Petrozavodsk, Russia; Thunder Bay, Canada; Oharo-Isumi City, Japan; Växjö, Sweden
Safely and securely pay your water & gas bill online. Pay Now...
Apply for, pay for and print some types of permits online using the city of Duluth's online permitting system. More info...
Keep updated on areas of our site by signing up to be notified by email. Subscribe Now...
Find information about individual properties, assessment changes, and boards of appeal and equalization. Property Details Search
Report a snow related issue, find resources and more regarding the winter season. Winter Watch
Emily was elected Mayor of Duluth in November 2015 with 72% of the vote. She was inaugurated on January 4th, 2016.More info...
- TREE CITIES USA designation- 160 City Trails and Pathways
- Energy Audits completed for 86 City-owned buildings and facilities
- 1.5M kWh electricity saved in 2010-2011
- City Operations Energy Action Plan 2011-2015 endorsed by City Council
- GPS System installed in City Fleet vehicles
- Environmentally Preferred Purchasing - criteria developed for website
- Replaced single user printers with central copiers
- Recycling paper, cardboard, tin, aluminum, wire, consumer plastics
SUSTAINABLE Strategies & Actions - 2012 and beyondConnect City Employees and Community members with sustainability
- MAINTAIN A CITY-WIDE web page on www.duluthmn.gov with progress reports and information on sustainable activities and opportunities
- Provide NATURAL STEP and sustainable leadership training for employees and support community-wide educationSupport our Local Community and a Healthy Environment- SUPPORT LOCAL FOODS and LOCAL BUSINESSES that have adopted a closed loop system for their products and use of resources
- INCREASE PURCHASE of Environmentally Friendly Products and ServicesEnrich our Natural Environment thru Operating Practices
- REDUCE ENERGY USE in City buildings and facilities
- COMMIT TO and SUPPORT ALTERNATIVE FUELED and HIGHER MILEAGE vehicles- INCREASE MATERIALS RECOVERY for Reuse or Recycling - SEPARATE at the SOURCE
- EXPAND NATIVE PLANT Landscapes and WATER FILTRATION Systems
[ CONTACT ]