Skip to main content
Licenses & Permits

Use of Water Hydrant Permit

INITIAL CONTACT:  Engineering Division, 211 City Hall, 411 W. 1st St., Duluth  MN  55802.

APPLICATION FORM:  Hydrant Use Permit.

FEE:  See Fee Schedule.  Water usage will be billed at current rates.

TELEPHONE NUMBER:  (218) 730-5200.

ISSUED TO:  Construction contractors, demolition contractors, sod companies, organizations or individuals.

PROCEDURE:  Applicant requests use of hydrant.  The Engineering Division will specify which hydrant can be used.  Division installs meter and valve on hydrant and removes these devices after applicant notifies department that they no longer need water.  Applicant assumes liability for all damage to hydrant resulting from improper use.

Cindy Voigt
City Engineer
City Hall, Room 211
411 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 730-5200



City of Duluth, 411 West First Street, Duluth, Minnesota 55802
©2019 City of Duluth, Minnesota. All Rights Reserved | Disclaimers | Contact the City | Sitemap
Follow the City of Duluth City Facebook Page City's Twitter Feed City Youtube Channel