Skip to main content
Licenses & Permits

Water and/or Gas Main Extension Permit

INITIAL CONTACT:  Engineering Division, 211 City Hall, 411 W. 1st St., Duluth MN 55802.

FEE:  None.

TELEPHONE NUMBER:  (218) 730-5200.

ISSUED TO:  Any individual requesting to have mains extended to service property which they own.

PROCEDURE:  Any individual may request a petition to extend mains to service their property. Individual should personally visit the Engineering Division to be informed of length of extension required and what properties would be affected. Petition is then sent to applicant who has to have affected property owners sign. When signatures have been acquired by applicant, petition is then returned to the City Clerk's Office. Cost of construction of main extension is borne by affected property owners.

Cindy Voigt
City Engineer
City Hall, Room 211
411 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 730-5200



City of Duluth, 411 West First Street, Duluth, Minnesota 55802
©2019 City of Duluth, Minnesota. All Rights Reserved | Disclaimers | Contact the City | Sitemap
Follow the City of Duluth City Facebook Page City's Twitter Feed City Youtube Channel